We mysteriously purchased GlassesUSA to provide a comprehensive view of the ordering process, costs, customer service and more.
VonLauren Shermann, EM
- Thousands of Frames Starting at $39
- Free shipping and returns
- 24/7 customer service
The central theses
- GlassesUSA sells prescription eyeglasses, contact lenses, readers and sunglasses online with a wide range of affordable frames as well as more expensive design options.
- Shipping and return is free, and discounts are available for First Responders, Nurses, Teachers, Adults 65+, Veterans, and Active Military.
- We find it easy to order from GlassesUSA and appreciate their 24/7 customer service.
GlassesUSA is a popular retailer ofglasses onlineand contacts. Offers thousands of frames for reading glasses, prescription glasses and sunglasses. The retailer also sells 19 brands of contact lenses, including its own brand called Vista, which you can try for $1. Our review team named GlassesUSA our "Editor's Choice" in our ranking of the best online eyewear retailers. . We also awarded the brand "Best Selection" in our testThe best online contact lens retailers. This review details the site's frame selection process, how to upload your prescription, the cost of glasses, whether you can use eye insurance, and more.
Why you can trust the expert assessment of our assessment team
Ourevaluations teamrecommends products and services that we believe will add value to our readers' lives. We've conducted hours of independent, in-depth research to help you with your eyewear search online. To make our selection, we proceed as follows:
- Engaged in independent research
- Eight retailers and more than 16 online eyewear models were purchased as part of the Mystery Shops to evaluate customer features such as trial options, online eye tests and general customer service
- Read real reviews from verified customers on trusted third-party sites such as:Better Business Bureau (BBB)Etrust pilot
Pros and Cons of GlassesUSA
BenefitsLarge selection of framesOffers various discountslive virtual montageaccept insuranceFree shipping and returns
DisadvantagesShort return window (14 days) for refundsCustomer complaints about delivery delays
GlassesUSA order process
Whether you're ordering prescription glasses, reading glasses or contact lenses, the GlassesUSA process is easy.
For prescription glasses, you must:
- Get a prescription.All prescription lens orders require a current, valid prescription. Annual eye exams are important for seniors who arehigher risk of medical eye problemssuch as cataracts, glaucoma, macular degeneration and diabetic eye diseases.1Your prescription should include your pupillary distance (PD), which is the distance between the centers of your pupils (the black circles in the center of your eyes). If your prescription does not include this information, you can use GlassesUSAInstructions for measuring PD.
- select the frame.When choosing your frames, you need to consider the style, material, color and price, as well as your face size and the type of lenses you need. Not all frames are available in all sizes or lens types. For example, glasses with very small frames are not suitable for multifocal lenses. With GlassesUSA you can shop, sort and filter by brand, color, material, frame shape, frame type (full or rimless), lens type and size.
If you don't know where to start, you can use Find Your Frame.Quizto narrow your options. GlassesUSA has a live virtual mirror test feature that records a real-time video of your face as you move your head to see how the glasses will appear to you from different angles.
We tried the live mirror on the GlassesUSA website to see what our glasses would look like from all angles.
You can also upload a photo of yourself and see pictures of your face in different frames.
We also took advantage of the virtual try-on, which involves uploading a photo to see what the different glasses look like.
- Select the type of glasses.Choose from monofocal glasses (for reading or distance) and multifocal glasses (bifocals, trifocals orprogressive ⓘUnlike bifocals and trifocals, progressive lenses do not have a visible dividing line between different levels of magnification. Source:American Academy of Ophthalmology). Single vision lenses do not increase the price. The bifocal lens selection is $99 and the progressive lens selection is $169.prism glasses ⓘOphthalmologists sometimes prescribe prismatic lenses to correct double vision caused by misaligned eyes. Source:AAO, which costs an additional $30. Not all frames can accommodate prism lenses.
Once you've selected your frame, GlassesUSA will ask what you'd like to use your glasses for, for example. B. for reading or for distance.
- Prepare your recipe.There are several ways to submit your prescription. One of them is using GlassesUSA for freerecipe scanner appwhich is approved byFood and drug management.2It uses your phone's camera to scan the lens of your current glasses. This should not be used for multifocal prescriptions or high performance single dose prescriptions. Alternatively, you can manually add your prescription details, upload a photo of your prescription or send it to GlassesUSA at a later date. If you choose to ship it later, you will receive an email with instructions after you place your order.
GlassesUSA will ask how you would like to provide your prescription.
If you choose to add your prescription manually, you will need to know the exact number of various eye measurements, including interpupillary distance.
- Choose a lens package.There are four lens packs to choose from:
- The value (1.5 index base lenses) is included for free
- Standard (anti-scratch, anti-UV, and anti-reflective coatings) for $39
- Polycarbonate (thinner, high-impact lenses with coatings) for $69
- Premium (superfine lens with all coatings) for $129
The Value Lens Pack comes free with your frame, but you can also choose standard, polycarbonate, or premium lenses.
- Choose a personalization option.GlassesUSA frames include free clear lenses, while all other types of lenses include an additional fee, depending on the frame and lens type.
Once you've selected your lens package, you can further customize your lenses by selecting blue light blocking, light adaptive lenses, or sunglasses for an additional fee.
- Select from available lens coatings.GlasseUSA offers a variety of lens coatings, such as a superhydrophobic coating that prevents liquid smearing and repels grease and fingerprints to keep your $14 eyewear cleaner.
After fitting your lenses, GlassesUSA will ask you if you're willing to pay for a super hydrophobic coating that helps keep your lenses clean.
- Decide if you want extended coverage.All GlassesUSA eyewear comes with a one-year limited warranty against manufacturing defects, but you can add one or two years of extended coverage against damage, breakage, loss, or alteration to your prescription. One year of extended coverage costs $12 and two years costs $24.
You can choose one or two years of extended coverage for your GlassesUSA eyewear.
- Choose a delivery option.Standard shipping is free and takes seven to ten days. Express shipping costs $9.95 and takes five to seven days. Express shipping costs $12.95 and takes three to five days.
Standard shipping is free, but you can also choose express or express shipping.
when you askreading glasses, no prescription is needed, although you can use one if you have one. Without a prescription, all you need to know is the magnifying power of your lens. You can get this by visiting an ophthalmologist or using GlassesUSAdioptre chart. This is a printable chart that you hold 14 inches from your face and read from top to bottom. The first line, which you can read well, corresponds to the magnification power you need for reading glasses.
When ordering contact lenses, your prescription will tell you which brand and type of contact lens to choose. GlassesUSA offers contact lenses from 19 brands, including its own brand,Show more, a daily lens that costs $32 for a 30-day supply and includes free shipping. You can try them out with a one-time offer of $1 for 10 pairs.
If you would like personal assistance with the ordering process, you can order over the phone or through GlassesUSA's live chat feature.
GlassesUSA costs and payment options
GlassesUSA often runs promotions and sales. At the time of this writing, all orders are 30% off. also has afriend referral programThis gives everyone you refer an extra 10% off, plus you get a $10 Amazon gift card. AllFirst Responders, Nurses, Teachers, Adults 65+, Veterans, and Active Militarythat verify your identityID.mereceive a $10 coupon. While the coupon can be used in conjunction with other active promotions, it is only valid for orders of $150 or more.
Prices from GlassesUSA vary, with frames starting at $39 including entry-level lenses and going as high as $1,230 for luxury brands. Accessories such as special lens types and coatings add to the price. Starting with the $64 Amelia E. Laura frame, we found the total price without add-ons to be $44.80 (at the current 30% discount). The same frame with additional Bifocals, Premium, Blue Light and Super Hydrophobic lenses costs $261.80 after applying the current 30% off promotion.
US accepted glassesvision insurancefrom 13 popular providers including UnitedHealthcare, Anthem and Humana. Accepts Health Savings Account (HSA) and Flexible Spending Account (FSA) cards, all major credit cards, PayPal, Amazon Pay and Apple Pay. You can also pay off your interest-free glasses in four installments over six weeks.Klarna.
If you need help with the cost of eyeglasses or eye exams, please contact usBenefits check-upto see if you can get financial assistance where you live.
GlassesUSA Warranty and Returns
GlassesUSA has a 14-day free return policy for a full refund, exchange, or store credit if, for any reason, you are not satisfied with your purchase. All frames have a one-year warranty and all lenses have a 90-day warranty. Extended Damage, Loss or Change of Prescription Coverage Plans are available for an additional fee of $14 for one year or $25 for two years.
GlassesUSA customer service
Support is available 24/7 via live chat on the GlassesUSA website. Phone support is available daily between 7:00 am and 12:00 pm ET at (844-244-1186). There is also an email support option. If you have any questions about your order, please email@example.com. If you have any questions about a return, you can firstname.lastname@example.org. When we reached out to customer service via live chat, within a minute we were connected to a helpful representative who answered all of our questions.
Table 1 Comparison between GlassesUSA and Eyebuydirect in March 2023
|Brille USA||eye shopping|
|Cost||$39 for $1,230||US$ 6 a US$ 303|
|free shipping||E||Yes, for orders over $119|
|return policy||14 Roofs||14 Roofs|
|Will accept vision insurance||✅||❌|
|Frame price includes standard lens||✅||✅|
|the type of lens||Monofocal glasses, readers, bifocals, progressives, sunglasses, contact lenses||Monofocal glasses, readers, bifocals, progressives, sunglasses|
As of this writing, GlassesUSA1.31 out of 5 starsfrom 299 customer reviews. This was the case on Trustpilot4.5 out of 5 starsfrom over 52,000 comments. The vast majority of customers are satisfied with their purchases and their shopping experience. Most complaints are related to customer service, problems processing returns, and shipping delays.
Brille USAis a large online retailer of prescription eyeglasses, reading glasses and contact lenses. Offers a wide range of frames with free shipping and returns. Frame prices start at $39, including entry-level lenses, and go up to $1,230 for designer frames from luxury brands. It carries popular brands like Ray-Ban, Oakley, Burberry and Persol. The virtual live trial feature makes it easy to see how the frame will look on your face before ordering. GlassesUSA accepts vision insurance from more than 13 carriers and offers frequent promotions and discounts for First Responders, Nurses, Teachers, Adults 65+, Veterans and Active Military. Our review team selected GlassesUSA as an "Editor's Choice" in our review of the best online eyewear companies, thanks to the company's choice of frames, discounts and promotions, live trial feature, and the fact that they accept vision.
Do you have any questions about this review? Email us at email@example.com.
- Joshua Erlich, MD. Vision and eye care in older adults. National Survey of Healthy Aging. August 30, 2018. Available online at https://www.healthyagingpoll.org/reports-more/report/vision-and-eye-care-older-adults
- Management of food and medicine. Device software functions, including mobile medical applications. September 29, 2022. Available on the web at https://www.fda.gov/medical-devices/digital-health-center-excellence/device-software-functions-inclusive-mobile-medical-applications